Beauty Revolutionized – Cannabis is a powerful beauty ingredient full of antioxidants and hydrating omegas, known for soothing sensitive or acne-prone skin.
Cannabis is offered in many forms where legal, from K-Cups and ‘Cotton Mouth’ gum to pet treats and oil-infused vape pens. When most people think of cannabis, however, they do not think of beauty. The global beauty market is a multi billion dollar industry, the majority of that not including hemp products. Hemp may launch this figure to a new all-time high, as we may very well be on the brink of a hemp beauty revolution.
Hemp is the non-psychoactive cousin of cannabis, grown for its strong fibers and versatile oils. The plant’s products show up in everything from beauty products to health food to industrial rope. Because of its family resemblance to cannabis, hemp has been illegal for decades. Most hemp products bought in the United States are manufactured from imported fiber and oil.
But hemp’s legal landscape is changing – and is not only set to infuse America’s farmlands with much needed income, but may also soon be pervading some of your favorite beauty products. Known for being especially effective on sensitive or acne-prone skin, hemp extract is also hypo-allergenic which makes it especially appealing.
Elle Magazine has rounded up the best products on the market that tout cannabis as an ingredient:
- Fresh Cannabis Santal Eau de Parfum, $88 (a sensual woodsy fragrance that captures the raw energy of desire housed in an artisanal glass bottle)
- Apothecanna Calming Creme, $36 (moisturizing body cream with calming plant extracts. Meditative and relaxing; use during times of stress, before bed and to treat topical irritation)
- The Body Shop Hemp Soap on a Rope, $12 (delivers effective non-drying, sensitive cleansing for dry skin, with moisturizing hemp seed oil)
- Malin + Goetz Hair Pomade, $22 (Meadowfoam seed, cannabis sativa seed and soybean hydrate. Yucca and aloe plant extracts help prevent damage and protect)
- Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner, $14 (It’s a natural humectant… nature’s gift for glowing, supple hair. Ah, Hemp Oil)
- Dr. Sebagh High Maintenance Hand Creme, $70 (Formulated with Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, coffee bean extract, and Vitamin E Complex, this creme will decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and even skin tone and texture)
If you are looking to take your beauty and skin care regimen to new heights, make space on your vanity for some of these fragrant, omega-infused products.